Friday, January 25, 2013

Choice made

This week has been a longggg ride on the roller coaster of emotions. 
--
You know the time when my thoughts and senses were muddled about making a decision on whether or not to go to SBP? Ah, well. Let me elaborate on why that happened.

See, my mother badly wanted me to go to MRSM. So she said it was best if I wait for MRSM's results before I accept the offer to SBP. What she didn't get was that MRSM comes out early February, and the registering date for SBP is on January 29th. Therefore, I would very obviously lose the SBP offer if I were to do as I was told. That's fine, but what if I don't make it into MRSM? Hah, that'll mean I lost my overall chances of getting into a boarding school. Then I'll be crushed. Drained.

Now, is it THAT hard to understand my dilemma? Unfortunately, for my mother, it's a 'yes'. -..-

During all those mother-daughter dramas, I've also been turned upside down numerously at school. There were sad / happy moments, confused moments and so forth. Teachers and friends and seniors mostly were against me shifting. They gave me all these advises about how great Jalan Empat is and everything. 
So finally I did Solat Sunat Istikharah. And by instinct, my choice was...........
.....................................
...................................................
..........
.......................
....................
...
SBP
--
Le quote ; ''''''A moment of silence for all of our migrating schoolmates''''''
Le quote II ; ''''''Our batch aka the 97s batch won't be complete anymore. There's too many leaving''''''
Le quote III ; ''''''It's never going to be the same again. Ever''''''
--
Screw ego. I am sad and crushed to be leaving Jalan Empat and all my friends. But quote 2 and 3 reminded me of the one thing I can't ever face in Jalan Empat, and that made me even more determined to just embrace a whole new chapter in my life. I know my friends will meet new people and those people are going to replace me. They'll be way better and a hundred times greater than I ever was in my friends' eyes. And I'll be glad to see my friends happy with them. Because soon my friends'll forget about me.
It's sad, I know.
But that's life. It's inevitable.
--


-
So anyway.
I'll make another post about my final day in Jalan Empat later.
See you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment